Disclaimer: Some postings contain other author's material. All such material is used here for fair use and discussion purposes.

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Making claims about God, but not sourcing those claims - FB conversation

Barb, a FB friend, made a post. One of her friends, Dezri, goes off on a tangent. I tried to get a simple question answered:


    • Dezri Modern day Christianity propagates fear, judgment and mistrust of "leadership"
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 2h
    • Dezri I think Christ would disapprove of modern day Christianity.

    • Jesus Christ was not a Christian.

      • Like
      • Reply
      • 1h
    • Dezri Christianity gets in the way of the miracles Christ would have us perform.
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 1h
    • Barb Dezri , oooo did I touch a button?
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 1h
    • Dezri Not at all.
      I don't have those buttons.
      I do not have a label. I have a relationship that I grow each day. I am at peace.
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 1h
    • Barb Dezri , ok then.
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 1h
    • Dezri Christians in my opinion are too us and them centric. We are chosen, you are not.
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 1h
    • Dezri Feels more like you might have some buttons.
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 1h
    • Dezri We are all sons of god... ALL
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 1h
    • Dezri Every last one of us
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 1h
    • Me I'm wondering why we should accept these pronouncements. Who says we are all sons of God? On what basis would one claim "Christianity gets in the way of the miracles Christ would have us perform?"

    • I want to know the source of authority for these statements. Why are they true? How do you know?
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 35m
    • Dezri How do you know they are not?
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 21m
    • Dezri And who is asking you to believe anything?
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 21m
    • Dezri It is no concern of mine which path you take to truth.
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 20m
    • Dezri It would appear that you are concerning yourself with mine.
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 20m
    • Me I didn't make any claims, for or against. I'm asking you to explain how you know what you're saying is true. It's a simple question.
    • Dezri Rich which part requires clarification?
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 4m

    • Me I cited two absolute statements you made. I asked how you know they're true. Again, it's a simple question, asked for the third time.

        • Like
        • Reply
        • 4m
      • Dezri Rich combative much?
        Im in the middle of a task... back soon

          • Like
          • Reply
          • 5m
        • Me If you can't answer the question, then simply say so. You don't have to hide behind vaguely passive aggressive diversions.
          • Like
          • Reply
          • 1m

            • Dezri Barb, (as I said)
              I was in the middle of a task with client, am back now. I have gone back through Rich's contribution to this discussion and will say that In my opinion he is part of the answer to his own question. His attitude from the beginning and
               through to the end, I believe stands in the way of miracles. I am not suggesting that he has not done good in his life but if he were the sole representative of Christianity based on this exchange, it would be sad. Impatience, intolerance, irritability, ego. No, thank you. Not a representative of the Christ I love.
              And sons of god?
              How do I know?
              Pray tell, what iss this man suggesting?
              I prefer to engage in polite conversations.
              I do not respond to provocation.
              I am seeker of truth, secure in my relationship with my creator, the triune god.
              And minions are chubby and cute.
              • Like
              • Reply
              • 16h
            • Dezri And... how does anyone know what they say is true. Who knows absolute truth besides God.
              Cumans will never no absolute truth until they are reunited in God's Kingdom. I know what I feel to be my truth and have no need to defend it. I don't require that anybody share my beliefs however, many people do.
              • Like
              • Reply
              • 16h
            • Barb Dez, I love you. I think Rich was asking why do you believe what you believe about those statements. We can have all kinds of beliefs in all kinds of things...sometimes based on facts, sometimes based on emotions, sometimes based on experience. You get the point. You may truly believe those statements, but they are not necessarily found in the Word. People say lots of things and put God's name on them. It doesn't mean it is from Him. I encourage you to know WHY you believe what you do...and know that it is based in TRUTH.
              • Like
              • Reply
              • 15h
            • Dezri I believe it is just as important to understand the implications of the Word having been tampered with, edited by humans Therefore not entirely God's pure unadulterated Word.
              Rich is nor are you no closer to the truth than I.
              The difference is you beli
              eve you are. Won't it be awkward when ya'll see me in heaven all cozy and at peace?
              And there is another difference... you judge me to be misguided...to my spiritual and immortal detriment. You have me pegged as a shoe in for eternal damnation... truth... dangerous word in the wrong hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment