Disclaimer: Some postings contain other author's material. All such material is used here for fair use and discussion purposes.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Praying vs doing - FB Conversation

This prayer request was posted by a FB friend. Don't get me wrong, praying is a good thing, but please note that every comment is an agreement to pray with no one actually stepping up to help.

I am not wanting to toot my own horn here. But it's the way I think about things that causes me to respond with actual help. 

It seems to me that the world's thinking has infiltrated the church. We have acclimatized ourselves into thinking that it's other peoples' responsibility to help. Send them to Love, INC. Send them to government. Send them to a shelter or a charity. But under no circumstances get out your checkbook, or your hammer and saw.

You can put a stamp of spirituality on things by praying, and so relieved yourself of further responsibility. In reality we should pray, but we don't need to pray about stuff for which there is already an answer. "God, should I feed the hungry?" is a as nonsensical prayer as "God, should I commit adultery?" 

We need to remember that the hungry, the afflicted, the poor, and the orphan have a special place in God's heart. Mistreatment of the weak gets God's dander up. "
He will defend the afflicted among the people and save the 
children of the needy; he will crush the oppressor." 
Ps. 72:4



So by all means, pray. But get off your butt and do something about it.
-------------------------------------------------

J.C.: Please pray I have three friends who need miracles. Their power is being shut off, Rent behind, Cars are breaking down and can't pay for repairs and their phones are going to be shut off.

M.M.: I know of some and feel so helpless because things are tight for us also.

J.C.: I know it's kinda crazy

J.F.: We know a God who give us miracles every day Amen! Prayers that way

L.F.: In jesus name we claim all miracles be supplied, for this family and many others around the valley too, amen

M.B.: Agreeing with you ladies for the many families struggling.

C.W.: J.C., you are such an awesome prayer warrior for others & yourself. Thank you for storming the gates of heaven & getting others to storm with you

Me: Have them contact me, I'll help them.

Me: Raised $200 so far. Anyone else want to chip in?

No comments:

Post a Comment