Disclaimer: Some postings contain other author's material. All such material is used here for fair use and discussion purposes.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Woman says she was conceived through rape; supports Mourdock's comments

This is a poignant story, which puts a human face on abortion. Posted here for fair use and discussion purposes.

Woman says she was conceived through rape; supports Mourdock's comments

Teresa Mackin

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - An Indiana woman says she supports Senate candidate Richard Mourdock’s controversial comment on abortion and rape.

Monica Kelsey of Woodburn, Indiana, says she was conceived through rape in 1972.

Kelsey always knew she was adopted, and says she met her birth mother Sandy about 20 years ago.

It was only two years ago, her birth mother told her something else.

“My mother was raped at 17. She went to a back alley abortion clinic in 1972,” said Kelsey. “She was so young, she was 17 years old. Her life had been changed, and all she wanted was her life back.”

But that day, Kelsey says her birth mother changed her mind.

“I owe my life to pro-life advocates, for saying my life was worth saving,” said Kelsey. “I don’t deserve to die for the act of my father.”

“20 years ago, I was pro-life with exceptions. I never really looked at the child's point of view, I only looked at the mother.”

Kelsey heard Mourdock's comments, and then the public outcry for him to apologize.

“I stand behind Richard Mourdock 100 percent because if you're going to be pro-life, there cannot be exceptions, because we're not thinking about the child, if there are exceptions,” Kelsey added.

Many people, including victims of rape and their families, have spoken out in opposition of Mourdock’s comments, saying they’ve been victimized again.

Kelsey maintains her pro-life, without exceptions, stance. She has now devoted her life to sharing her experience as a pro-life speaker.

“I’m not a mistake; I am here for a reason. I want everybody to know my life is special, just like anybody's life is special,” Kelsey said.

I dealt with the intent to dehumanize the fetus here, so I won't repeat that. I do want to say, though, that for the pro-choicers, there is only one point of view, and anyone who disagrees is a misogynist waging war on women. So that is why they are coming down on Mr. Mourdock so severely. He wandered into a buzzsaw by suggesting that something good could come out of evil. The pro-choicers can't have that, because it suggests a greater good at work, where what was intended to destroy actually brings for greater blessings.

All that remains is for someone to shout at this young lady, "You should be dead! It would be better for everyone!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment