Not any more. Recently a friend introduced me to a website called Suno, which is an A.I. tool used to create music. I uploaded rough audio versions of my songs and Suno created a virtual band and an arrangement of each song.
These are entirely an A.I. band. That's right, nothing you will hear in the below links is real, except for the original material that underpins them.
So, this post is for the purpose of evaluating the songs. I asked four faith-filled friends, all of them excellent musicians, worship leaders, and/or songwriters, to listen to these songs and pick the best ones.
My request for them is to keep in mind the following:
My request for them is to keep in mind the following:
- Consider the congregation. These songs are for the purpose of our church's worship. A good song is not a good song if it doesn't speak to our church.
- Consider the music. Are the melodies good? Are the chords interesting? What about the tempos? Are the songs singable?
- Consider our band. Suno arrangements can sometimes be too much, like a lot of lead guitar solos, vocal gymnastics, or intricate arrangements. Try to look past the arrangements and discern the song itself.
- Consider the doctrinal and lyrical clarity. Does the song make sense? Is it off base or heretical?
- Consider the Holy Spirit.
I picked what I think are my twenty best songs. I divided them up by tempo. But there's no need to select songs from every category. Frankly, there's no need to select any songs at all. You can select as many or as few as you like.
No comments:
Post a Comment